Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Homework

I would really like to goof off this evening, but I have a stack of online papers to grade. Now, that just doesn’t sound right, because of course online assignments don’t really come in stacks. My son suggests that I have a boatload of papers, but to me both “boatload” and “stack” imply that the papers are taking up physical space. They are not. They are taking up electronic space. I need to start measuring “stacks” of papers not in inches, but in bytes.

Or as my husband suggests: “byteloads” of papers.

2 comments:

Darth Fuji said...

You know, stacks can actually refer to like, a set of information in a computer program. So, the analogy would still work.

I feel like a nerd right now.

gossamer said...

Well, I'm glad to be set straight by an expert!

What on earth are you doing reading my blog at 3:39 am?