Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Hot Weather Ranting Begins

Today it's supposed to be 10,000 degrees, just a bit warmer than it was yesterday. Yesterday, I went to a garden show, and I wore my standard summer uniform of shorts, tank top, and little Indian sandals. My poor feet got torched.

Today, I'm going to a Buddhist festival (why must every thing be scheduled on record-breaking heat days--I ask you?), and have resigned myself to wearing tennis shoes. Now, mind you they are girly tennis shoes, pale yellow Converses with daisies and ladybugs (really), and that would be okay, but to add insult to injury, I need to wear socks with them. Sigh--but wait--I have little hot pink socks that will perfectly match my hot pink tank top (which contrasts beautifully with my white jeans shorts).

Whew, that was close.

2 comments:

Darth Fuji said...

you should post a picture of those shoes =)

gossamer said...

Well, I might just have to do that!