Thursday, August 09, 2007

Dreams

Today, I’m sitting in front of my computer wearing jeans and a sweater, and sipping a cup of piping hot tea. Brrrr.

No, it’s not actually cold; the fan running in the window is providing the only semblance of coolness. I’m pretending that it’s winter. I long for the cool crisp days, cold nights, and the occasional rain shower that means winter where I live.

It’s kind of sad that I’m doing this, as, if you check your calendar, it’s only mid August. It hasn’t even been a very hot summer; note the absence of whiny “it’s hot” blog entries.

No, my problem is, school starts in just a week and change, and my brain wants it to be cool and fall-like. In truth, it won’t be cool here until November at the earliest and January at the latest. Or even at all, like last year. But, wouldn’t it be nice to have turkey dinner amongst the colorful fall foliage, or Christmas with a nip in the air?

Sigh.

Now, where did I put those woolly socks?

2 comments:

Darth Fuji said...

I know exactly how you feel. Well, except for the school starting next week (well, actually this week, huh?); I start school in month =D

gossamer said...

I know--darn you UC people! I used to love starting late in September when I was at UCSB.

Nice to hear from you again. How are you?